In this article we hope can give you easy tips to quit smoking today! I have also smoked myself and tried different ways to quit smoking. Finally, I managed to stop and I never felt stronger and healthier. It is not easy to quit and smoking is a real addiction.
After my mother died at the age of 53 from lung cancer because she smoked almost here entire life, I am on a mission to warn all smokers that smoking WILL kill you! There for I did a lot of research and come up with 7 ways to quit smoking. Hopefully, you can use them to stop smoking. Thanks for reading and thanks for trying! I wish you a long, happy and healthy life. So please read on and don’t end up like my mom.
Top Tips For You To Quit Smoking That Really Works:
– First, you must be absolutely clear that you do want to stop smoking cigarettes. A lot of cigarette smokers really want to stop however will not confess – either to themselves or others. To become seriously into this state of mind you need to concentrate every day about the damage being done to your body each time you light up a cigarette picture the smoke entering your lungs and leaving a brown, sticky, dangerous residue that triggers you to cough and produce sputum.
When I saw the lungs of a longtime smoker in a glass case, I can’t stop thinking how my lungs must look like and it helped my imagination and my drive to quit a lot. It was really a frightening but also disgusting sight! Furthermore, think of all the effort you always have to take to always have a pack of cigarettes around, the resultant mess of ash, dirty smelling clothes, foul-smelling cars and of course the enormous amount of money you spend on this addiction.
Concentrate on these factors, especially the health problems and do this at least a couple of times per day. Think about them just before you go to sleep. This need to go on for rather a long time, at least a couple of weeks or longer. This is essential and the most fundamental part of facing the truth.
– Inform your friends and family that you are willing to give up, however, do not set a date – you will understand when the time is best if you carefully follow my first point. Get them to be prepared to support you, specifically your friends and family that also smoke, – ask not to provide you cigarettes or smoke in your presence. Try to avoid locations where cigarette smokers gather. Eliminate cigarette smoking stuff from your house and work environment, get rid of all proof of cigarette smoking. Vacuum your car or truck and let it smell well.
– Take a look at the activities you connect with cigarette smoking, do you start your day with coffee and a cigarette? Possibly it is something else, however, the fact of the matter is that you need to alter that routine when you are serious about stopping.
In my case, a beer and a cigarette were inseparable, I avoided drinking beer and it made me not linger for a cigarette either. I now often drink freshly-squeezed grapefruit juice (a favorite of mine) in stead of coffee. If you only knew how horrible a cigarette tastes when you drink healthy juices you would stop today! If there are a lot of smokers in the office it is not easy to change your routine. Still, it is very important that you are not reminded to light up a cigarette because ‘that’s when I typically have one’.
Be Calm when Quit smoking
– Ultimately, when you will feel that the time has come to stop, it does not have to be a big deal. By now your subconscious will have taken on board your desire to stop and the yearning will be significantly lowered, I know because I have been there!
Be calm, do not tell everyone that you have actually given up, simply handle your day as if you are a non-smoker, which you now have actually become, forever! If you are serious about this you don’t need to do a gradual reduction or use nicotine patches. You just don’t need them because your mind will remind you of all the benefits of giving up this costly and unhealthy addiction.
– Now you also need to expand your journey to a brand-new much healthier lifestyle and if you see results (and you will see them very quick), this will seal the deal! A lot of cigarette smokers hardly engage in physical exercise. They often tend not to care that much about the way they look or what they eat (sugar in tea?) and if I look at myself always added unneeded salt in my food.
This is a sort of settlement you need to make with your body, for the damage being done by the internal pollution. I’m not stating you ought to begin running marathons, however, stroll for 20 minutes, 3 times a week is very good to start getting some fresh air, even when it rains, nothing healthier than some fresh air in your lungs.
And don’t be afraid, it does not harm you and after a while, you cannot do without it! Find a nearby gym, start drinking water, and stroll as quickly as you can without gasping for air. Still, 20 minutes is the magic number and 3 times a week, as you improve you will find out you can even go for a run and you will discover yourself going a lot even more.
Support group to quit smoking
Think about signing up with a group that does this sort of thing, for example, the Hash Home Harriers or the Bahrain Road Runners, however, it is a lot easier to do work out with friends or family and a lot more enjoyable. Take a stroll or even better start running, it is the most time-efficient technique of assisting your body to get exactly what it requires, it does not take much preparation, can be done nearly anywhere and is complimentary. Go out with your bike, swim, anything that raises your heart rate is good for your body. Afterall we want to get rid of all those bad chemicals in your body.
Feeling much better after people quit smoking
Why? As your body is actually harmed from years of cigarette smoking, it needs to recuperate, you need to feel much better and workout speeds up the advantages of given up cigarette smoking. You have lots of energy when you wake up, you get your taste and smell back and will have much more pleasure in eating all kinds of food, maybe you will gain some weight, but that is not a big deal, you can handle with this later on, and in any case, workout will help in reducing this issue.
Take a look at your what you consume in a day and try to eat much healthier items salads, fruit, the benefits of healthy food is that you can eat as much of it as you like and you will start to enjoy them very much.
Stopping process to quit smoking
Stop with putting sugar in your tea or coffee and drink decaffeinated coffee whenever possible, it’s not that bad and it will assist you in the stopping process. Also, don’t forget to drink lots of water every day. Very soon you will start to feel like a totally different person because it’s remarkable how the body responds to a little motivation, devoid of the constant battle with the toxins you have actually been pushing into it, it will react significantly. This also has substantial favorable results on your mindset, you feel great both in your body and in your mind. After a short period, your lungs will begin to clear themselves out. You will get a much healthier skin and your skin will tighten then you will understand that your efforts are settling in.
– Now benefit yourself, get a brand-new wardrobe, new hairstyle, buy something nice. Give yourself a make over. You can easily pay for it, as you saved tons of money for not smoking all this time. If look in the mirror you will see a younger, healthier person with lots of energy. Forever a non-smoker!
You might also like: Health effects of passive smoking
Is there an easy way to give up smoking?
Honestly there is no easy wat to give up smoking but with a little help , persistents and our tips you might get what you need.
1. Establish your date and time to stop and continue smoking as normal right up to the time — do not attempt to cut down ahead, that only makes cigarettes look more valuable instead of less so.
2. Remember — you are not giving anything up because smokers do absolutely nothing to get you whatsoever. They supply you with no real pleasure or crutch, they just keep you hooked — a slave to smoke. Get it obviously into your mind: you’re losing nothing and you’re making marvelous positive profits not just in health, power, and money but also in assurance, self-respect, liberty and, most significant of all, at the span and level of your lifetime. You are likely to appreciate being a non-smoker straight from the moment you put out your last cigarette.
3. Light your closing cigarette and make a solemn vow that no matter of what drops or drops may befall you in future, you may never yank another cigarette or take tobacco in any kind again. This is only one of the most significant decisions you’ll ever make as the duration and level of your upcoming life seriously rely on it. What is more, you know that it’s the right choice even as you create it. Having made everything you understand to be the right choice never even start to question or to the uncertainty that choice.
4. Your system will continue to draw from smoking for a couple days but that does not mean you’ve got to be miserable. The physical withdrawal is quite slight — there’s not any pain — and it moves quickly. What is more, it is what smokers endure all their smoking lifestyles. Non-smokers don’t endure it. You’re a non-smoker and thus you are soon going to be free of it forever.
If you combine a cigarette using a coffee, tea, beverage or break, have your coffee, tea, beverage or break and in the moment, rather than believing: “I can not have a cigarette today”, just think: “Is not it good: I could delight in this moment without needing to choke myself to death”.
5. Don’t attempt and prevent smoking scenarios or select out of existence. Go out and enjoy social events right from the beginning and don’t envy smokers, shame them. Realise that they’ll be envying you since each one of them is going to be wishing they are just like you: free from the entire filthy nightmare. No smoker wishes to see their kids begin smoking that means they want they had not started themselves. Remember it is not those that are being deprived but these bad smokers. They are being deprived of the wellness, energy, money, reassurance, confidence, courage, self-respect and liberty. If you are offered a cigarette, then simply say: “No thanks — I do not smoke”, instead of begin a lengthy talk about how much time it was since you ceased.
5 more easy way to give up smoking
6. Do not make an effort to not consider smoking — it does not work. Should I say: “Do not consider a brick wall, what exactly are you considering? Just be certain that if you’re considering it, you are not thinking: “I need a cigarette but I can not have a single” but rather: “Is not is marvelous: ” I do not have to smoke anymore and that I really don’t need to smoke anymore. Yippee, I am a non-smoker!” Then you can think about everything you like and you will continue to be happy.
7. Never be fooled into believing you can get the strange cigarette only to be social or simply to get over a challenging moment. If you do, then you will end up back from the snare in virtually no time in any way. Never believe in terms of a single cigarette, constantly think about the entire foul life’s series. Remember: there is not any such thing as only 1 cigarette.
8. Don’t use any replacements. All of them make it even more challenging to prevent because they perpetuate the illusion that you are creating a sacrifice. Substitutes that include nicotine, i.e. so-called Nicotine Replacement Treatment — patches, gums, nasal sprays and inhalators — are especially unhelpful since they just maintain the dependence on smoking living. It is similar to telling a heroin addict who is smoking off the drug foil, to begin injecting it rather.
9. Don’t store smokes on you or anyplace else in the event of a crisis. If you do, it means you are doubting your choice. Non-smokers don’t need cigarettes. You’re already a non-smoker the minute you put out your final cigarette. Actually one of the numerous joys of being liberated isn’t needing to be concerned about having smokes and also a light on your personality, of conclusion which slavery.
10. In case your mind ever begins playing tricks on you by thinking “Only 1 cigarette”, remember there’s not any anything, so the question you want to ask yourself isn’t: “Shall I have a cigarette today” but “Do I wish to be a smoker again, all day, each day sticking these items in my mouth, setting them light without being permitted to cease?” Why not? “Since I did not enjoy being a smoker — that is why I chose to turn into a non-smoker”. That way those minutes may get gratifying since you congratulate yourself that you are free and this way you may delight in staying a non-smoker for the remainder of your life.
You might want to check this out: https://www.getstopsmoking.com/nicotine-likened-to-cocaine-heroin/
Is Smoking Still “Cool?”
There is little doubt that one of the attractions drawing young people into smoking is that it is/was perceived as being something that is “cool.” Conveying a sense of being an activity that is associated with being more adult, being something that people in the know do, being something that the in-crowd does, being something that is viewed as demonstrating a rebellious attitude, smoking may be thought of as “cool.” If everyone did it, than it would no longer be exclusive and no longer be viewed as being so cool. There was a time when the act of smoking satisfied many of those criteria. In the early 1960’s smoking was clearly viewed as being cool (at least to some of us), something the “in-crowd” did, something that showed the smoker was more adult, more independent, more of a rebel. Smoking was showcased by the media, by the movies, by television, by its use by celebrities as being the province of many people that young people especially, sought to emulate. Many of the heroes of the movies and other entertainment venues smoked in the past much more than today.
Is smoking still seen as cool today? Perhaps among some socioeconomic strata it does retain some elements of “coolness,” but for much of society today, even among young people, smoking is not seen as such a cool thing to do any longer.
Cearly the turning point of the tide to counter smoking as being a cool activity, was the Surgeon General’s Report of 1964. Although smoking was not seen as a healthy activity in the fifties or early sixties, until the Surgeon Generals Report, there was no official verification of its potentially debilitating and deadly consequences. Many smokers knew it was not really good for them, but, few anticipated the avalanche of dire health warnings associated with smoking that came out after that 1964 report. This report was the stimulus that provided the initial impetus to start changing the perception of smoking from being cool, to actually being seen as a stupid, worthless and an uncool activity. What else aided this transformation and helped the US incidence of smoking to fall from about 45% thirty years ago to around 21% today? It was not just the physical warning of highly negative effects on physical health.
Another equally important factor was the increasing awareness and perception of smoking as being a crutch for the weak to rely on and use as a tool to avoid dealing with the social/emotional demons that smokers may try to deal with via their smoking habit. That is, in today’s society, smoking is no longer seen as something that smart, enlightened, mature, emotionally-healthy people engage in. There is a growing recognition that smoking has no redeeming benefits, it is all pain, no gain. If you ask any group of people today for a rational reason to start or continue to smoke, very few will offer a rationale for the use of cigarettes or other smoking materials.
50 years ago
It is known now, what was much less understood 25 to 50 years ago, that the old perception of smoking as a tool to help combat stress and relax the body, a benefit cited by many in the past, is scientifically and medically untrue. Smoking contains, among other things, nicotine, which is a highly recognized stimulant. When a person smokes, while it may offer some initial psychological aid to promote relaxation and “de-stressfication,” it actually does the opposite.
Smoking very quickly raises our pulse, raises our blood pressure, and physically stresses the body. Most people understand this today. One of the few logical rationales for smoking was de-bunked and most no longer see it as a valid reason to smoke.
Further, more potential smokers are learning today of some highly undesirable side effects of smoking that were not recognized consequences until fairly recently. Prominent among these is that smoking significantly increases the likelihood of impotence, an important concern to almost all men (or women in sexual relationships).
You might also like:
Also, it is now known that smoking is detrimental to the ability to conceive a child, which is also a major concern for those interested in having children.
Another undeniable trend making smoking less cool is simply that accessibility to smoking is greatly eroded by federal and state law and regulations banning smoking from the workplace, most restaurants and even some public venues. Smokers today are, if they are allowed to smoke anywhere on a corporate or other campus, are relegated to huddling outdoors in inclement and unpleasant weather, furtively smoking a cigarette like a common drug addict or criminal.
All of this has greatly aided the transformation of smoking from being a cool activity to one that is getting more uncool all the time.
There is more to the transformation of smoking from being viewed by some as being a cool activity to being seen by most as uncool today. There is a growing, but still under-appreciated and under-promoted perception for smoking as having highly negative consequences on the smoker’s attractiveness to the opposite sex. Many more people see it as being uncool today, rather than cool.
This is especially true by non-smokers, as a deterrent to their viewing a person as a potential long-run mate or even a short-run “hook-up.” Smoking for many in today’s society is a real turn-off that is likely to diminish the smoker’s appeal toe opposite sex to whom he/she wants very much to be appealing, attractive and desirable.
There are two completely fundamental behavioral imperatives that drive the thoughts and behavior of all humans. They are the instincts, baked into our DNA, for self-preservation and to replicate our DNA, that is, ourselves in a sense, via our offspring. Activities that are contrary to these behavioral imperatives usually are avoided when they are recognized as being inconsistent with these goals. Smoking is pretty clearly far more associated with being inconsistent with and counter to imperative number two, replicating our DNA, which starts with courting and dating and typically, ends in marriage and mating. The consequences of smoking on a smoker’s physical, psychological and emotional health is totally negative and work against the smoker’s attractiveness to those he/she wishes to attract as friends and as potential mates, or even, just a potential sexual conquest.
The emerging tidal wave of perception is moving smoking from being seen as cool, to uncool is aided by its own momentum. As the incidence of smoking declines in the general adult population, in the media, in entertainment outlets and among celebrities, smoking is seen as less a normal and natural part of adult life. This is especially true for those adults who have an inordinate and paramount importance as role models for our youth. The less smoking is seen, the less normal and everyday it is seen as being, and hence, the less it will be/can be seen as being cool.
There is ample research and expert opinion to substantiate and support this premise of smoking no longer being seen as a cool activity.
One website, tvtropes.org describes the Hollywood hero of old. The characters who smoked were often seen as the rebel, the outcast, the “bad-boy,” that is they were portrayed in a positive light. This imbued smoking with an association to something that is cool. In fact, in the entertainment media, you rarely saw anyone suffer any negative effects of smoking whether it was on their physical health, smoking over the objections of others, or any other negative consequences. Smoking was portrayed in positive fashion without any countervailing negatives.
As the website states, “in older media from before the Surgeon General’s report on tobacco use, smoking conveyed maturity, experience, and social acceptability,” i.e. it was the essence of cool.
Wholefamily.com in 2001 gave their case as to why smoking cannot any longer be seen as being a cool thing to do. To paraphrase from their website, here are some of the reasons why smoking is not cool
- Everyone knows that smoking is terrible for your physical health, it is an acknowledged killer.
- Smoking is not consistent with choosing to live life to the max, that is, living life as fully as you can, dying prematurely, getting cancer, COPD, or emphysema is not cool
- Smoking may still be seen as a somewhat adult thing to do, but there are other better things, one can do to be seen as, and, feel more adult, like exercise self-control, exercising your free choice and being responsible
- Non-smokers find smoking to be a turn-off, it fouls the breath, stinks-up the hair and one’s clothes, makes kissing a drag-it is a filthy, dirty habit and everyone knows it
- Smoking makes the smoker a slave to their habit, making a lot of their behavior based on cues and triggers outside of their conscious deliberate choice, this is not cool
- Smoking is not cool because it will disappoint your parents and many of your friends who do not smoke (of course if this is your objective to shock and shake-up these people, it may be useful to some in that regard)
- Taking over your own destiny and being in control of your own life that’s cool this website says, and, smoking greatly undermines this accomplishment
Another website, health24.com ”also had some interesting insights as to why smoking is not cool:
- Smoking is an acknowledged killer
- “Cigarettes make your breath smell. Kissing after you’ve had a cigarette is almost like licking out an ashtray.”
- Smoking makes it significantly more likely you will break a bone and after breaking, healing is much slower.
- “Smoking causes impotence. Smoking reduces peripheral vascular flow and the blood flow necessary to attain an erection may become blocked.”
- Smoking even affects a person’s blood flow and circulation and can result in a smoker having unusually cold feet or hands.
- Smoking yellows the skin and stains the teeth.
- There are easier and better ways to appear older, more mature, more adult-like.
- Smoking can give the smoker a perpetual cough, and wheezing sound that makes the smoker look and sound older than he/she really is.
Of course, do not forget that smoking is very expensive”, and as the tobacco companies know that demand for cigarettes is highly priced insensitive, future steep price increases are practically guaranteed.